Beloved, This is the Way
Welcome to this week’s virtual worship service for the third Sunday of Lent. Listen, sing along, and enjoy. Scroll down for the Children’s Worship Video and sing-a-long song sheets. Below that is part 2 of the Bible study presentation on the book Final Gifts.
Order of Worship
- Welcome and Announcements
- Invocation – “Holy, Holy, Holy” ELW 413 (verse 1)
- Call to Worship – Philippians 3:7-11
- Kyrie from “Now the Feast and Celebration” (ELW 157)
- Children’s Sermon
- Gospel Lesson – Mark 8:31-38
- Lynn’s Beloved Verse
- Hymn of the Day – In the Cross of Christ, I Glory ELW 324
- Prayers of the People
- Ionian Creed
- Lord’s Prayer and Benediction
- Organ Postlude – To God alone be highest praise by J.S. Bach – performed by SK Chipley
Bible Study Presentation
This week I would like to continue our study of the book“Final Gifts,”written hospice nurses Maggie Callanan and Patricia Kelley. After interacting with terminally ill people for over ten years, they decided to document some of their observations.
Their goal was to educate those left behind as to what dying persons can experience, and what messages they might be trying to convey to their loved ones. As you may recall, they observed behavior that they separated into two general categories
Musicians – SK Chipley – Organ and Piano, Eddie W – Percussion, Bonnie W – flute, Mark A. – guitar
Vocalists: Mark A, Ann G, Brian L, and Bonnie W.
Permission to podcast/stream the music in this service obtained from ONE LICENSE with license A-715816 and CCLI with license 20518339.Tags: children’s worship, Hymn, Lent, Liturgy, Lord’s prayer, music, sermon