Dear Sisters in Christ, Lydia Circle,
Our first meeting of the year was on Tuesday, September 19th. Thanks to our WELCA officers who are staying on for the duration of the current year. At our next gathering, on Tuesday, October 11th, we will finish up the assembly of our backpacks. Please plan to attend at 6:00PM, just before our regular meeting, for the assembly and packing.
Program for October Meeting – Focus on the Reformation
The program for the evening will illuminate the women of the Reformation for us; most interesting in light of the current anniversary year of the Reformation.
Following are some of the coming events of the year ahead:
- October 7th, 2017—Fall Gathering of the NCWELCA at Christus Victor in Durham. Contact Lin Gunnet if interested in attending.
- October 13-15th—All Lutheran Women’s Retreat in Fredericksburg at the Hospitality House & Conference Center.
- October 28th—Meeting of Kairos Outside at Grace Lutheran Church. Past leaders and guests are welcome.
- January 24th, 2018—Members will be gathering to sew bags for the 2018 campaign of schoolbags for the PLM-FT at 9:30 AM.
- Spring, 2018 — Grace will serve as the host for the NCWELCA Spring Gathering.
Questions to ponder and discuss:
Should we revisit the idea of a daytime meeting instead of a nighttime one? Would it swell our membership?