Dear Sisters in Christ, Lydia Circle,
You know, for a small congregation, we get a surprising amount of work done! I am constantly amazed at the amount of product we turn out from WELCA. Our total of school bags for PLM-FT is 100! They were sent out from Grace during October. Hurray for us!
Our recent gathering included an intriguing program on the Reformation Women, both in Great Britain and in Scandinavia. We will continue this program at our next gathering, so if you missed the first part you can catch up at the next meeting on the 14th. We will also decide what will go into the gift baskets that we have traditionally assembled at our Christmas gathering too.
Mark your calendars for our Spring Gathering on for April 21st, 2018!
- October 28th—Meeting of Kairos Outside at Grace Raleigh. Past leaders and guests are welcome.
- November 17-18th—Theological Seminar for Women, in Salisbury, NC. Contact Lin Gunnet if interested in attending.
- December 12th—WELCA Christmas Meeting and Party at 6:00 PM. Judy Grigsby will cater the dinner and we will bring in treasured ornaments for the centerpieces. We and our prayer sisters will exchange gifts ($ 10 limit please)
- January 24th, 2018—Members will be gathering to sew bags for the 2018 campaign of “schoolbags for the PLM-FT”.
- Spring, 2018—Grace Raleigh WELCA will hold the NCWELCA Spring Gathering here at Grace. More details to follow.