Welcome to this week’s virtual worship service. Listen, sing along, and enjoy. Scroll down for the Children’s Worship Video.
Below that you’ll find this week’s virtual bible study from John Herrmann, based on this week’s scripture reading about observing the Sabbath.
Order of Worship
- Welcome and Announcements – Ed Pack
- Prelude – Organ Prelude in F by J.S.Bach – performed by SK Chipley
- Confession and Forgiveness – Pastor Meghan
- Scripture Lesson – Amanda Kohl
- Gospel Reading – Pastor Meghan
- Children’s Sermon – Caity Stratemeyer
- Sermon – Pastor Meghan
- Hymn of the Day – We Are An Offering (ELW 692)
- Prayers of the People – Laura LeBlanc
- Lord’s Prayer – Pastor Meghan
- Benediction – Pastor Meghan
- Dismissal – Tess and Griffin M.
- Postlude – Organ Fugue in C by J.S. Bach – performed by SK Chipley
Welcome to children’s worship this weekend! We have a family friendly format for children’s worship that includes songs, a children’s message, and a prayer. We hope this helps your family feel spirit filled and connected to God!
Bible Study Presentation
First, a little background. It appears that the idea of a day of rest began with God, after his creation was completed in six days. He made the seventh day holy. It appears that he set an example for mankind to observe a periodic day of rest, but to this point, the word “Sabbath” was not mentioned. The first place the word “Sabbath” was used was during the wilderness journey of the Israelites after the exodus.
Musicians: S.K. Chipley – piano and keyboard, Mark Anderson – guitar, Bonnie Weaver – Flute, and Eddie Weaver – percussion.
Vocalists: Mark Anderson, Ann Goldfinch, Brian LeBlanc, and Bonnie Weaver.
Permission to podcast/stream the music in this service obtained from ONE LICENSE with license A-715816 and CCLI with license 20518339.Tags: children’s worship, Hymn, Liturgy, Lord’s prayer, prayer, Scripture reading, sermon