Welcome to this week’s virtual worship service. Listen, sing along, and enjoy. Scroll down for the Children’s Worship Video and sing-a-long song sheets.
Below that you’ll find this week’s virtual bible study from John Herrmann, discussing some passages from the Gospel of John – revealing some more puzzling words and hidden truths.
Order of Worship
- Welcome and Announcements
- Prelude – Give Thanks – Henry Smith, Arr. by Mark Hayes – performed by SK Chipley
- Thanksgiving for Baptism – Pastor Meghan
- Hymn – When Peace Like a River ELW #785
- Gospel Reading – Matthew 25:14-30 – Pastor Meghan
- Children’s Anthem – I Will Give My Heart to the Lord by Mark Patterson performed by Elizabeth G., Kale C., and Kylan R.
- Children’s Sermon – Caity Stratemeyer
- Sermon – Pastor Meghan
- Hymn of the Day – Let us Talents and Tongues Employ ELW #674
- Apostle’s Creed
- Prayers of the People
- Lord’s Prayer & Doxology
- Dismissal – Jayce, Calleigh, Marlee F.
Welcome to children’s worship this weekend! We have a family friendly format for children’s worship that includes songs, a children’s message, and a prayer. We hope this helps your family feel spirit filled and connected to God! Follow the links to download copies of this week’s songs.
Bible Study Presentation
Today, I ‘d like to spend a little more time with some of Jesus’ more puzzling statements and teachings. As we said last week, I think Jesus is challenging us to dig, and investigate for ourselves some of his hidden truths. It occurred to me though, after I happened to read a particular passage in John, that there may be a risk in doing that. In the verses I had just read, the context was that Jesus has just healed a man who was born blind.
Musicians: S.K. Chipley – piano and keyboard, Mark Anderson – guitar, Bonnie Weaver – Flute, and Eddie Weaver – percussion.
Vocalists: Mark Anderson, Ann Goldfinch, Brian LeBlanc, and Bonnie Weaver.
Permission to podcast/stream the music in this service obtained from ONE LICENSE with license A-715816 and CCLI with license 20518339.Tags: children’s worship, Hymn, Liturgy, Lord’s prayer, prayer, Scripture reading