Welcome to virtual worship for this, the 4th Sunday of Easter – Good Shepherd Sunday!
We hope you enjoy this week’s service, which includes music, a time for confession and forgiveness, lessons from scripture, prayer, a children’s message, a sermon, and elements of our liturgy.
The Good Shepherd is the one who continues to remind us of how loved we are, from the moment we were born.
Scroll down to view a Bible Study presentation on today’s Gospel Lesson by John Herrmann.
Order of Worship
- Welcome/Announcements – by Tyna Linton
- Prelude – Sheep May Safely Graze, J.S. Bach, Arr. Egon Petri (Public Domain) – Performed by S.K. Chipley (piano)
- Confession and Forgiveness – Pastor Tim Brown
- Opening Hymn – Christ Is Alive, Let Christians Sing (ELW 389)
- Kyrie and Hymn of Praise This Is the Feast (ELW Setting 8)
- Scripture Reading – Acts 2:42-47 – Amanda Kohl
- Psalm – Shepherd Me, O God (ELW 780)
- Children’s Message – Caity Stratemeyer
- Gospel Reading – John 10:1-10 – Pastor Tim Brown
- Sermon – On Seducing Sheep – Pastor Tim Brown
- Hymn – Savior, like a Shepherd Lead Us (ELW 789)
- Nicene Creed – Pastor Tim Brown
- Prayers of the Church – Mike Peery
- The Lord’s Prayer and Benediction – Pastor Tim Brown
- Postlude – Great is Thy Faithfulness by William M. Runyan, Arr. Mark Hayes (2008 by Hal Leonald) – Performed by S.K. Chipley (piano)
Vocalists: Mark Anderson, Ann Goldfinch, Brian LeBlanc, Bonnie Weaver.
Musicians: S.K. Chipley – piano and keyboard, Bonnie Weaver – flute, Mark Anderson – guitar, and Eddie Weaver – percussion.
This week John Herrmann shares part 1 of a Bible Study based on our Gospel lesson and the book by Phillip Keller – “A Shepherd Looks at the 23rd Psalm.”
Phillip Keller was a shepherd in Africa in his younger years, and then became a lay pastor. He gives new insight to the psalm’s meaning based on real-world observations as a sheepherder. Stay tuned for part 2 next week.
Permission to podcast/stream the music in this service obtained from ONE LICENSE with license A-715816 and CCLI with license 20518339.Tags: children's message, Easter, Good Shepherd Sunday, music, Nicene Creed, prayer, sermon, The Good Shepherd, virtual worship