Welcome to this, the Fifth Sunday of Easter, Mother’s Day, and Pastor Tim Brown’s last Sunday with us (he will be with us for one more mid-week devotion on Wednesday, May 13th)!
We hope you enjoy this virtual worship service, which begins with a video montage of thanks for Pastor Tim, and also includes music, prayer, scripture, elements of our liturgy, a children’s message, and a sermon.
Listen, sing along, and enjoy!
Jesus is the WAY, the LIFE and the TRUTH.
Scroll down to view the second part of the Bible Study presentation on the 23rd Psalm by John Herrmann.
Order of Worship
- Welcome/Announcements – by Tim Yeh
- Prelude – Resurrection Medley arr. Mark Hayes – performed by S.K. Chipley on piano (1983 GlorySound, 2008 distributed by Hal Leonard)
- Confession and Forgiveness – Pastor Tim Brown
- Opening Hymn – Thine is the Glory (ELW 376)
- Kyrie and Hymn of Praise This Is the Feast (ELW Setting 8)
- Scripture Reading – Acts 7:55-60 – Becky Smith
- Children’s Message – Caity Stratemeyer
- Gospel Reading – John 14:1-14 – Pastor Tim Brown
- Sermon – Truth in a Troubling World – Pastor Tim Brown
- Hymn – What a Fellowship, What a Joy Diving (Leaning on the Everlasting Arms) – (ELW 774) Public Domain
- Nicene Creed – Pastor Tim Brown
- Prayers of the Church – Christine Gift
- The Lord’s Prayer and Benediction – Pastor Tim Brown
- Postlude – Lord, Be Glorified by Bob Kilpatrick, Arr. Mark Hayes (Copyright 1978, this arr. 1990 by Bob Kilpatrick – Word Music)
Vocalists: Mark Anderson, Ann Goldfinch, Brian LeBlanc, Bonnie Weaver.
Musicians: S.K. Chipley – piano and keyboard, Bonnie Weaver – flute, Mark Anderson – guitar, and Eddie Weaver – percussion.
This week John Herrmann shares part 2 of a Bible Study based on the 23rd Psalm and the book by Phillip Keller – “A Shepherd Looks at the 23rd Psalm.” Walk thru this well-known Psalm for comfort in a challenging time.
Written Text of the Bible Study
Permission to podcast/stream the music in this service obtained from ONE LICENSE with license A-715816 and CCLI with license 20518339.bible study, children's message, Easter, Hymn, music, Nicene Creed, psalm, Psalm 23, Scripture reading, sermon, Thine is the Glory