We hope you enjoy this special Holy Week video virtual worship experience. Order of worship is below the video link.
Order of Worship
- Prelude – Video montage. “Jesus, Remember Me” played underneath (ELW 616) – S.K. Chipley and the Grace Lutheran Church Band.
- Opening Hymn – Love Consecrates the Humblest Act (ELW 360) – S.K. Chipley and the Grace Lutheran Church Band.
- Brief Order of Confession and Forgiveness – Pastor Tim
- Scripture Reading – John 13:1-17, 31b-35 – Pastor Tim
- Sermon – Scrubs, Pajamas, Aprons, and Towels – Pastor Tim
- Lord’s Prayer – Pastor Tim
- Postlude – When You Woke that Thursday Morning – Marty Haugen, text by Jaroslav J. Vajda – S.K. Chipley and the Grace Lutheran Church Band.
Maundy Thursday Bread Recipe
*****Sift dry ingredients (important!) together three times:
- 2 c whole wheat flour
- 1 c white flour
- 1 & 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1 & 1/4 tsp salt
Stir in 4 tsp oil. Set aside.
*****Mix wet ingredients together until dissolved:
- 3/4 cup + 2 Tbsp very hot water (minimum of 180 degrees F)
- 3 Tbsp honey
- 3 Tbsp molasses
*Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients and mix well. Dough should be slightly sticky. Do not knead.
*Divide into four balls and flatten each into a 1/4 inch thick disk.
*With a knife, score the top of each loaf into eight pie-shaped sections, so that the sections can be more easily broken off while serving. Alternatively, you could score a cross onto the loaf.
*Lay the loaves on a baking sheet. Bake at 350 degrees for 10 minutes. Remove from oven and brush the tops of the loaves with oil. Bake an additional 5-8 minutes. Let cool.
*Yield: four 8 oz. loaves. The loaves freeze well.
Permission to podcast/stream the music in this service obtained from ONE LICENSE with license A-715816 and CCLI with license 20518339.Tags: Last Supper, Lent, Maundy Thursday, virtual worship, washing feet