Welcome to this week’s virtual worship service. Listen, sing along, and enjoy!
Scroll down for this week’s Bible Study presentation on the Book of Esther from John Herrmann.
- Council Greeting – Tommy Oates
- Prelude – Faith of Our Fathers – Henri F. Hemy, Arr. Cindy Berry (2013 Alfred)
- Confession and Forgiveness – Pastor Meghan
- Opening Hymn –Lift High the Cross (ELW 660)
- Scripture Reading – Jeremiah 20:7-13 by Marika Yeh
- Children’s Message – Caity Stratemeyer
- Gospel Reading – Pastor Meghan
- Sermon – Pastor Meghan
- Hymn – Will You Come and Follow Me – The Summons (ELW 798)
- Creed – Pastor Meghan
- Prayers of the Church – Mark Anderson
- Lord’s Prayer and Benediction – Pastor Meghan
- Postlude – I Will Arise and Go to Jesus – Southern Folk Melody, Arr. Mark Hayes (2003 Alfred)
Order of Worship
Musicians: S.K. Chipley – piano and keyboard, Mark Anderson – guitar, Bonnie Weaver – Flute, and Eddie Weaver – percussion.
Vocalists: Mark Anderson, Ann Goldfinch, Brian LeBlanc, and Bonnie Weaver.
This week John Herrmann shares a presentation on the Book of Esther. The story of Esther could easily find its way into a John Grissom novel. It’s a riveting story, only ten short chapters long, about a Jewish female hero who uses her wits to thwart the King’s second-in-command villain in his plan to annihilate her people.
Click here to download a printed version of the presentation.
Permission to podcast/stream the music in this service obtained from ONE LICENSE with license A-715816 and CCLI with license 20518339.Tags: bible study, children's message, Hymn, Liturgy, Lord's prayer, music, Scripture reading, sermon, virtual worship